So, as I said last post, I got tagged to answer 11 questions about myself. Thanks to Daniel for tagging me! But, aiya!, he picked some hard questions.
1. If you had one week left to live, what would you do?
Travel the world. Seriously, I'm cash strapped at the moment so it's only a dream, but if I only had a week to live, then who cares how much it costs! I'm going to places I've always dreamed of going.
2. What quote inspires you?
Well I don't think I really have a single quote that is the source of all my inspiration. But Arthur C. Clark's "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" is the inspiration for one of my current projects.
3. What movie scene inspires you? Why?
I don't really know about a scene in particular. What I mostly focus on in movies is the mood or music or (like in Hero) the metaphorical use of color (which was amazing). Action is all fine and good, but I do like movies with an artistic touch.
4. What comedy do you end up watching again and again as the years go by?
My most watched comedy is the anime "Itazura na Kiss", but "Ouran High School Host Club" and the Korean drama "Coffee Prince" are catching up.
5. Do you think love can last forever?
Yup, it can, if it's the right kind.
6. What fictional character would you trade lives with if you could?
This is too broad. It really depends on which Author's world I'm day dreaming in at present. Anne McCaffrey's Pern would be an interesting place to live (as a dragon rider of course!). But I don't think there's any character in particular.
7. What historical character would you marry if you had to choose someone?
A historical character I'd want to marry, eh? Does it bear any relevance that I've never considered marrying any of them?
8. Which do you prefer, coffee, hot cocoa, soda, vegetable juice, water?
For cold drinks, water (with ice!) first, then soda (also with ice).
For a hot drink, hot cocoa with extra cocoa powder, milk and marshmallows.
9. How long would it take you to drive to the beach from where you live?
Hmm....around four or five hours I think. The coast is rather jagged so the length time would depend on which beach is the destination.
10. What are you currently reading?
10 weekly and 43 monthly mangas (yes, I have an excel sheet to keep track of them all or else I'd forget) and then "Fuzzy Nation" by John Scalzi is currently languishing in my to-read pile from the library.
11. If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the chance you will be correct?
Choice b for certain. Because there are always two obvious wrong answers.
And now for my questions! Pardon me while I attempt to wipe the evil grin off my face.
1. What country is the home of the majority of authors you read?
2. An otaku is someone who's obsessed with something (not necessarily anime/manga). What kind of otaku are you?
3. Ebooks vs. Paper: which do you like better?
4. Do you have a sweet tooth or are you a salty dog?
5. Would you ever dress up as a favorite character? If so, which one?
6. What upcoming movie are you most looking forward to?
7. "Cats rule, dogs drool." Do you agree or disagree?
8. What fictional world do you spend the most time in?
9. You are given a $1000 gift card to the store of your choice. Which store would you pick and what would you buy?
10. Who or what encouraged you to pursue your current career?
11. If you could build your own house, what room has to be included and have the most money/care spent on it?
And the people I'm tagging are:
I look forward to your answers!
Until next time.